Pipe Support Optimizer
OptiPlant offers Pipe Support Optimizer (Opti-PSO), a fully integrated stress analysis, and automatic support location and selection tool. With this product, users can eliminate the manual trial and error steps to determine optimal support locations and automatically validate if a piping system will pass stress.
Opti-PSO requires the target piping data and relevant plant information (structural steel, equipment, neighboring piping, trays, ducts, walls, floors, etc.) as input. The 3D Piping and Plant model can be read directly from OptiPlant, Hexagon Smart3D, or Aveva PDMS / E3D.
Opti-PSO automatically identifies feasible pipe support locations according to practical distances from supportable structures. The user can manually edit the feasibility of the locations. Opti-PSO can be run in batch mode for designers to quickly determine which systems will pass stress and which wont. Those that dont, can be re-designed based on data about cause or section of failure. For those that pass stress, Opti-PSO integrates with detailed stress analysis tools like AutoPipe and CAESARII.
- Finite element modeling
- Automatic identification of feasible support points
- Support location and type optimization
- Detailed stress analysis and code compliance checking
- Full 3D interference detection for designed pipe support frame structure and surrounding plant environment
- Generation of stress isometrics and support BOQs
- Interface with PDS and PDMS
- Stress analysis may be completed in batch or single line
- Common supports located
- Detailed stress analysis report
- Pipe support optimization report
- Stress Isometrics
Each stress and piping system is checked for
- Stresses along pipe route
- Nozzle loads
- Support reaction forces
- Thermal displacement, weight, and seismic loads
- Minimized total support costs